Just in case.
- Always keep your front gates/ hall door closed.
- Keep your dog on a lead when near traffic…even in the car park.
- Have your dog clearly identified and tagged.
- Do not allow children under the age of twelve to walk the dog unsupervised.
- Get your dog well used to being handled, groomed and examined.
- Socialise your dog with people that are not represented in your family
- Ask for professional advise before tackling a problem, behaviour, training or otherwise.
- Have your dog insured.
- Have your dog registered with a local vet as soon as you get him/her.
- Never encourage your dog to play bite or growl during play.
Both should result in the game stopping immediately and the person getting up and walking away. Do not smack or shout at the dog. Quiet disapproval is more effective.